A Seeker from Here and There
Why we here? What is the purpose of all this? Silver Hawk goes looking for something he hopes that he shall leave for someone to find….
By Silver Hawk.
“The choice to become one can happen any day and we can begin our journey from any place.”
More than a year now, Manggagaway website has brought its readers knowledge in the fields of new age philosophy, witchcraft, paganism, eclectic beliefs, spiritual guidance, practical magick, mind and spirit, support, updates, events, articles, and many more. While there is always room for improvement, the staff and contributors continue to stand their ground, raise a torch of fire that symbolizes unity and trust the website to serve its purpose.
Today, I write this article in a new perspective – as a Seeker.
I agree that in the precept of our practices and beliefs, we never go out and solicit new members. On the contrary, The Grimoire of Shadows by Ed Fitch explicitly says “A witch always waits for the seekers to come; those who feel the call will find their own way. Some will be referred to you and will visit you in person, others will be brought by friends who know you, and others yet will write; pay personal attention to all and answer their questions as far as your oaths will permit”. Yes, we all have our own personal journey. A quest, if I may say so.
Our country is divided into three regions (Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao), and based on my personal survey, having a website or an online community that targets a particular niche, though small, will somehow boost our presence and network. It reaches everyone – from newbie to advanced practitioners scattered across the country. I believe that in one way or another, we can concentrate much on our collective efforts, works and ideas and share our knowledge to others with the same level of interests.
Serving this article as my recollection, I can recall how I bumped myself to a popular witch site in the US, www.witchvox.com, at the last quarter of 2003. That’s how I was able to locate practitioners here in Cebu City when I searched their categories and got hold of their email addresses. I must admit, when I asked around, it was always the name of Darkmoon Raven would surface. Sometimes, I joke at him as the famous Darkmoon Raven after our first meeting. I met Darkmoon Raven (Satori), Sgath (Gwyddon) and a couple of new faces at SM Cebu City. The rest is history.
Believe it or not, Manggagaway website was put into reality because of “collective efforts” of our volunteers from across the country. Kudos and accolades goes to them!
I’m sure you all know that there are also many ways to learn and socialize on the Internet. One of the most fulfilling and daring things that you can do, aside from visiting Manggagaway website is to join one of many social groups that exist on the web.
So what is an Internet social group? These are bunch of people who share their experiences, thoughts and beliefs of certain topics over the Internet. Usually they are united by a common theme, causes or geographical representation of its members.
Generally, a group is started by one or small group of “founders” or “moderators”. The founders lay down the rules and create a basic website, then recruit members, who then recruit additional members. If you managed to subscribe to a group, make sure you also know how to unsubscribe from it. All you need to do is read their introductory message which you will immediately receive upon signing in.
I know you join a group for a reason. Perhaps you like the people, you want someone to communicate with or you like leaving a message and say “Hello!” Whatever it is, you can contribute to the causes that the group supports.
If you want to contribute or say something good, then please contribute. This is very important for the group to maintain its existence. They will find that effort magnified many times. That’s the beauty when your goal is to share and help a number of people that you like by answering their questions and concerns. You can contribute in a very positive way and gain more friends even with the absence of physical meeting.
Here is a list of Philippine based online groups that you will find useful:
philippine_wiccan_society@yahoogroups.com
paganphilippines@yahoogroups.com
salamangka@yahoogroups.com
luntiangaghama@yahoogroups.com
witchcraftandmagick@yahoogroups.com
synmagick@yahoogroups.com
paganongmindanao@yahoogroups.com
paganphilippines@yahoogroups.com
salamangka@yahoogroups.com
luntiangaghama@yahoogroups.com
witchcraftandmagick@yahoogroups.com
synmagick@yahoogroups.com
paganongmindanao@yahoogroups.com
In the end, who would imagine that I will be writing an article for Manggagaway? Indeed, it was a personal journey. A quest for personal growth and wisdom. “Information is knowledge. Knowledge is Power.”
Like in the old adage, “Seek and you shall find, Knock and it shall be opened.”
About the Author: SILVER HAWK is an Internet Service Engineer and Part-time Computer Instructor residing in Cebu City. Aside from his Visayan-based yahoogroup Witchcraft and Magick, he is actively supporting a Cebu study group called "The Order of Mystic Arts" with the help of local practitioners. He is a devoted follower of local teachers Tony Perez and Jaime Licauco.
© 2006 Manggagaway E-magazine. Articles may be distributed freely on the condition that all accreditation is acknowledged, no part is altered and this notice is attached and the website: http://manggagaway-central.blogspot.com is included. ~ Thank you

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home